- Checklist for Writer/Editor Collaborations
Notes for things a writer and editor should consider and agree on when launching a collaboration.
- Custom Style Sheet to Guide for Your Editor
How a writer can help an editor make choices for consistency in a fiction manuscript.
- Is that Blood on my Manuscript? Or Are You Just Happy to Ream Me?
Notes on experiencing a first edit: What you editor does, and why it might hurt…
and what if the editor is just wrong?
- Conversations on Techniques of Fiction
An ongoing conversation with author Don McQuinn.
- Making It Easy for the Fiction Reader
A brief checklist for promoting readability.
- Measuring Progress
You get what you measure–fiction edition: going beyond Word Count to find measures of productivity.
For Beta Reviewers
- Tips for Beta Reviewers
Things to look for and say when evaluating a piece of writing.
- Bonus Tip: Some people freak at simply seeing red ink on their manuscript. If you’re invited to review someone’s manuscript, don’t mess with the possibility of inflicting secret trauma! Use green ink, blue ink, purple ink — skip the red ink.